Tuesday, September 23, 2008

17 weeks, 3 days

We rang in 17 weeks last Saturday with one of my best friends, Moriah's, wedding! It was a beautiful day and I was so lucky to be a part of it! :)

Nothing much new baby-wise this week. My belly is definitely getting rounder by the day it seems. 8 days until we find out if we're buying pink or blue! We have a spreadsheet started with all the baby gear we're going to need, but we're still at the beginning with trying to figure out which one of 50 different choices we want. There's a car seat in every color of the rainbow, I swear. :)

Lots of people have been asking about baby showers before Cletus makes his or her debut. I feel very fortunate that so many people want to help, when showers seem to be the furthest thing from my mind right now. For now I am deferring to my friends Moriah and Molly who want to have one in Lincoln, and my friend Renee and sister Mindy who want to have one at home in Sidney-ish. I'm in no hurry, so we'll probably plan for the end of this year/beginning of 2009. And thanks to everyone who has asked about having one, we feel truly blessed to have the greatest family and friends.

A few notes on Cletus' development:
As your baby is in the middle of an impressive growth spurt it should come as not surprise to hear that they've already added nearly another inch to their length and over an ounce and a half to their weight (they're around 5 ounces and 5 inches). You're definitely feeling the growth as your belly expands enough to make you feel a bit off balance now and again.

I'll try to update at 18 weeks this weekend, have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. I'm excited to get to find out what colors you are getting!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love!