Sunday, September 28, 2008

18 weeks, 1 day

Holy moly, 18 weeks?!? Where is time going? I can't believe we're nearing the halfway point to meeting Cletus!

Things are still going well, I'm feeling fine. I have a bit of pretend-heartburn every now and then, but nothing major. I say pretend because I don't think it's really full-blown heartburn but it is slightly uncomfortable. Nothing that a few pickles won't fix. Ohhh, the pickles. :) I haven't had too many weird cravings or food requests so far, but I'm definitely getting my fair share of pickle spears in. I told Joey that Cletus is going to come out looking like either a pickle or a Runza. He just shook his head at me.

I got Joey this book (which seems totally silly yet full of good info) and they have a place where they send you to their website for a 40 second clip of a crying baby that you can play to desensitize your pet to crying. We played it for Jack and Zoe last week and they were less than impressed. Zoe barely managed to raise an eyebrow while Jack seemed to be checking out the noise, but he wasn't too concerned. We'll see if this is any indicator of what they do with a real screaming baby stealing all of their attention...

We've spent the last few days working on our master list of baby gear we need prior to Cletus' arrival. I think I've officially looked at every crib sold in the U.S. now, and have a short list of those I like. :) We're trying to keep an open mind and stay light-hearted with all the stuff we need. It can certainly be overwhelming if we let it.

3 days until we (hopefully) find out Cletus' sex! We cannot wait. I'm going to get him or her hopped up on sugar prior to the appointment to ensue he or she isn't snoozing or stubborn during the ultrasound. :) I will update as soon as I can after the appointment, so be sure to check in! And don't forget to vote on the poll over on the left!

Lastly, a few notes on development this week:
Head to rump, your baby is about 5 1/2 inches long (about the length of a bell pepper) and he weighs almost 7 ounces. He's busy flexing his arms and legs — movements that you'll start noticing more and more in the weeks ahead. His blood vessels are visible through his thin skin, and his ears are now in their final position, although they're still standing out from his head a bit. A protective covering of myelin is beginning to form around his nerves, a process that will continue for a year after he's born. If you're having a girl, her uterus and fallopian tubes are formed and in place. If you're having a boy, his genitals are noticeable now, but he may hide them from you during an ultrasound.

1 comment:

  1. I already know I am going to want to eat Cletus up, but if he or she comes out looking like a Runza you better hide that child from me! :o)

    I am going to be coming to you for another logo...Bootsie Marie Boutique is in the works...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love!