Monday, October 6, 2008

19 weeks, 2 days!

I can't believe we're almost to 20 weeks - the first half of this pregnancy is almost in the books! I looked at my calendar today and realized it was OCTOBER! OCTOBER! It seems like it was last week when we were finding out that Cletus had come to be - and that was June! Time flies, and it only seems to get faster! :)

What's new for us:
  • We've wrapped our minds around having a SON! We're feeling very blessed and super excited each day that gets us closer to meeting him. I will say that "growing a baby" is the most surreal thing ever - I mean it's a little shocking to know that I'm growing a person! With toes! And arms! And a heart! I don't even know how that's possible.

  • Baby wiggles! I started to feel Cletus moving around in there about a week ago. The ultrasound confirmed that his feet were directly below where I was feeling. Now the wiggles are moving around, so I'm guessing he's busy in there. Joey's excited to be able to feel these kicks in a few weeks.

  • Heartburn! Yikes. Whoever decided pickle juice shall calm heartburn is a saint.

  • Consuming copius amounts of pickles and their juice. See the point above.

  • A name picked out! As of tonight, Cletus has a really real name. And again for those of you concerned, Cletus isn't going to be a real name for this kid after his born, I promise. It's just Cletus for now - Cletus the Fetus in fact. :o)

    We're still not telling the really official name, you'll have to wait until delivery day for that. But I will say we're very excited about it, he has 2 middle names (just like his dad and uncles), and there's a little bit of alison's family in his name as well. In what combination, you'll just have to wait and see!

  • Nursery colors decided! After much deliberation and my resentment of anything pastel with animals, construction equipment, or cars, we've finally settled on something pretty non-traditional as far as nursery colors/themes go.

    We picked daredevil and jamaica bay colors from Behr for the walls (yes I know it's a dining room, but the nursery has a chair rail and I needed to duplicate it):















    And then we found the DwellStudio Circles collection and fell in love with it!



















    So that should keep us busy for the next few months!

That's about all that's new with us for now. Thanks for all your love and prayers, we appreciate them!

alison and joey

2 comments:

  1. You know..I picked out a name a few days after I found out..look where that got me lol :)

    I'm very happy for you..i'm sure yours will stick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Halfway! Hooray! It's so exciting to get to feel the wiggles too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love!