Tuesday, December 2, 2008

27 weeks, 3 days

We're on the downhill slide now! Just a little over 12 weeks to go, and a LOT to be done in that amount of time! :) No nursery progress lately, we've been busy with life it seems. Thanksgiving was fantastic. We got some serious nephew-lovin' in as can been seen here:

Sweet Barrett was as cute as can be and I for one just wanted to gobble him up and smother him with kisses. Thankfully Mindy restrained me. :) We had a great time with the rest of my family as well! Joey got to catch up on some football and we ate our weight in turkey I'm quite sure. We helped Grandma Joy and Grandpa Lyle celebrate 50 great years of wedded bliss as well!

And now it's back to the grind for a few more weeks until Christmas break rolls around. I'm having a hard time getting in the Christmas spirit this year for some reason. Usually you can find me listening to Christmas music by November 15th, and this year I feel more like the Grinch. I think getting ready for the baby is overwhelming me and I really need to take a step back and relax! Christmas is my favorite and it will be gone before I know it! Now if we can only get to the store to find the perfect Charlie Brown Christmas tree... Oh and it's supposed to be 56 here today so I think some serious light-laying-on-the-front-bushes (it's easier than hanging them :o) is in order.

I had a regular OB appointment yesterday. Unfortunately Joey was sick with an icky stomach bug and wasn't able to join me. I was the one who gave him the bug so I knew how he was feeling. Thankfully it was a quick and easy appointment. I passed my Glucose Tolerance Test (which checks me for Gestational Diabetes) but found out I'm anemic (the low end for hemoglobin should is 12 and I'm at 10.2). But the good news is, it's an easy fix with an iron supplement. I've been told I'm anemic before so this wasn't anything to shocking. Otherwise, baby boy had a heartbeat in the 140s and was squirming all over the place. And I've graduated to bi-weekly appointments (gasp!), so the end is nearing. My next one is December 22nd, and then every other week after that until the last month when I go every week.

So all is well and happy in baby-land. I'm going to roll myself around in magic Christmas dust and get myself in the holiday mood today. :)


This week, your baby weighs almost 2 pounds (like a head of cauliflower) and is about 14 1/2 inches long with her legs extended. She's sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing her eyes, and perhaps even sucking her fingers. With more brain tissue developing, your baby's brain is very active now. While her lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with a lot of medical help — if she were born now. Chalk up any tiny rhythmic movements you may be feeling to a case of baby hiccups, which may be common from now on. Each episode usually lasts only a few moments, and they don't bother her, so just relax and enjoy the tickle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving some love!