Monday, December 8, 2008

hello third trimester

Time is flying by as always, and we're now a few days into the third trimester. Officially 28 weeks and 2 days are in the books, and only 11 weeks 5 days to go... It doesn't help our cause that right now is the Most Wonderful Busy Time of the Year. That's not entirely accurate, it is my favorite time of the year, but wowza it flys by! I decided over the weekend that part of my not-really-feeling-full-of-Christmas-cheer is because I need it to snow. We have yet to have a really real snowstorm yet (I consider this to be at least 3 inches that sticks for at least 24 hours). So it just feels like we're perpetually stuck in Autumn (which we are still), but Christmas isn't in Autumn, thus my issue. I have issues with weather, apparently. I think I should have been a meteorologist, you know, to study meteors and stuff...

Anyway...

Twenty-eight weeks and all is well. Cletus is a virtual soccer star. I can now feel random parts of him as he dances across my belly. It's usually his little melon head or his butt. And if I push (gently) on his head, I can feel his feet on the opposite side. He doesn't so much like this apparently, because he kicks me. But it makes me laugh.

Two more weeks until our next appointment: December 22nd. That one will probably be just me again - Joey gets some teeth pulled that morning (I think his wisdom teeth but who knows...) so he'll probably be a little laid up for that one. Speaking of Joey, everyone is always asking he or I how his back is after the giant back pain incident of 2008. He's doing MUCH much better, thanks for asking. He's still going to the chiropractor 3-4 times per week, but we think he should have those visits wrapped up very soon.

Everything else is fine with us. Jack and Zoe would like you to know that they're still very ornery and not so excited about their new little brother. They like to sniff the stroller and then stare at us with giant puppy-dog eyes until we reassure them that they don't have to leave, but they're going to have to make room for new stuff.

We had a pretty productive weekend, even managing to resume work on the nursery a bit. If all goes well, we'll HOPEFULLY have some updated pictures for you by the end of the week. Keep your fingers crossed.

And a few development notes:
By this week, your baby weighs two and a quarter pounds (like a Chinese cabbage) and measures 14.8 inches from the top of her head to her heels. She can open and close her eyes, which now sport lashes. This movement is more of a reflexive blink than a deliberate opening and closing, but it won't be long before she's batting those beauties at you.

1 comment:

  1. try taking a flashlight and shining it on your belly when it's really dark..i think it makes them angry, but tons of fun for you :) and he'll never know the difference.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love!