Wednesday, January 14, 2009

33 weeks, 4 days

Just over 6 weeks to go! We're still shocked at how fast time is flying. B is definitely letting me know that he's running out of room in there, and we can't wait until he's kicking us from the outside (we say that now! :).

Nothing much has happened since the last post. Cletus is still flipping around all the time and not maintaining his "heads down" position for more than a few hours at a time. Currently he has a head under my ribs on my right side, where he's been bouncing around all day. He was being good last night and made himself heads down, but had flipped by this morning. Send some turning thoughts and prayers to us if you have extras. :)

I celebrated my half birthday on Monday! Well celebrate is a stretch - I coaxed Joey into telling me happy half birthday, but that was as far as it went. :) Now I'm 26 1/2 and halfway to another birthday.

All is well with Joey. He and I trade off in our nesting routine. He's been great at helping with the house though - especially when all I want to do is be lazy!

We had childbirth class #2 last night - another very informative one! We got the ins and outs of epidurals and I feel MUCH better about the whole process now. I was a little freaked out by everyone telling me how big the needle was, but in truth it's pretty tiny. I think I can hold off and manage the pain for a little bit, but I'll be asking for some sweet relief at some point I think!

Our next appointment is next Wednesday, I'll update after that.

Have a great week!

Development notes:
This week your baby weighs a little over 4 pounds (heft a pineapple) and has passed the 17-inch mark. He's rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look and his skeleton is hardening. The bones in his skull aren't fused together, which allows them to move and slightly overlap, thus making it easier for him to fit through the birth canal. These bones don't entirely fuse until early adulthood, so they can grow as his brain and other tissue expands during infancy and childhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving some love!