Monday, January 26, 2009

35weeks, 2 days

We had a fantastic, fast, overwhelming weekend... it was B's second shower on Saturday! I have the most amazing husband in the history of the world and could not have gotten the house ready to host 25+ people at our house without him. It was a great day, a great weekend, and we are still counting our blessings.

I'm not even sure how many people showed up... but there were a lot. A lot more than our not-so-big house was ever meant to handle comfortably. But thankfully there was some serious love for B, and everyone braved the close quarters for a few hours!

My friend Jill and her family came from Chicago on Friday and stayed until after the shower on Saturday. It was great having them here, and we got a taste of how life with a charming 4-year-old will be in a few years (because I already know I will have a charming child, wow do I sound conceited?! :) thanks to Jill's son Tanner. He accomplished his goal of talking our ears off, but we were sad to see them go.



I spent most of yesterday putting stuff away, and then re-putting it away. Nesting much? :) Baby laundry is fun I've decided, just because everything is so wee. I KNOW this will not be the case 2 months from now, but I might as well live it up while I like it, right?

We hit 35 weeks on Saturday. Still feeling good, just achier now it seems. Only one person told me I was "small" on Saturday... I consider that a success!! :) Not much else going on this week - our last childbirth class is tomorrow. We're almost totally set for B's arrival, just a few things left to pick up, but nothing that we can't live without if he decides to come sooner than later. Have a great week! A few development notes: Your baby doesn't have much room to maneuver now that he's over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 1/4 pounds (pick up a honeydew). Because it's so snug in your womb, he isn't likely to be doing somersaults anymore, but the number of times he kicks should remain about the same. His kidneys are fully developed now, and his liver can process some waste products. Most of his basic physical development is now complete — he'll spend the next few weeks putting on weight.

1 comment:

Thanks for leaving some love!