Tuesday, February 17, 2009

11!

I feel like the Count on Sesame Street - 11 days to go! 11! Muh-ha-ha-ha.

Which is kind of dumb, because it could be 0 days to go, or I suppose it could be 13 days to go. Either way I think I'll be a mom in 2 weeks from today and THAT freaks me out, folks.

Top 3 things that don't seem to cause a baby to come flying out of me:

3) Walking in the nursery 4,294 times per day and making SURE we have EVERYTHING ready and nested in anticipation of our little birdie.

2) Eating at this new-found KFC in Lincoln that has a BUFFET! We tried to grease the kid out last night, to no avail. But I did pack on some pounds I'm quite confident.

1) Going on a walk and trying to jiggle him out. I just got tired. And sore. But I think Zoe liked it.

1b) Driving 30 miles to work every day, away from the hospital, in fact driving to a different town entirely. You'd think the sheer force of Murphy's law would help me here, but not so much...

::

My co-workers threw me a SURPRISE baby shower yesterday. With heavy emphasis on the SURPRISE - I had no idea! I'm horrible with finding out my surprises before they actually happen, but this one was great! B got spoiled AGAIN by my co-workers, including the coolest and geekiest onesie ever to be made - I LOVE it!


B has more clothes than j and I do put together! Thankfully we're getting some stuff in bigger sizes now - we might have to wear 8 onesies a day just to get through all of his 0-3 month stuff! :)

::

I think that's pretty much all for now. No real signs that labor is imminent, but I guess stranger things have happened. Next appt is Thursday!
::
Lastly, your weekly development notes:
Your baby has really plumped up. She weighs about 6.8 pounds and she's over 19 1/2 inches long (like a leek). She has a firm grasp, which you'll soon be able to test when you hold her hand for the first time! Her organs have matured and are ready for life outside the womb. Wondering what color your baby's eyes will be? If she's born with brown eyes, they'll likely stay brown. If she's born with steel gray or dark blue eyes, they may stay gray or blue or turn green, hazel, or brown by the time she's 9 months old.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving some love!