Monday, February 2, 2009

26 days. gulp.

Top 5 signs the days until we meet B are numbered:

5) I only ate a tiny plate of Sup.er Bowl food yesterday, and I was full for the entire night. This is SO not me... I'm a party food grazer with the best of them. There's just no room left between my throat and my gut that isn't occupied by a kicking kiddo.

4) Sleeping is becoming more un-fun by the night. Between the dogs snoring (which is as loud as most humans), my snoring (which is making Joey find his way to the basement and leaves me super disoriented when I realize he's gone), the neighbor's porch light shining directly into our room, general achiness, my brain being fully alert at 2am pouring over to-do lists, and B's desire to do headstands on my bladder twice a night... it's a challenge. A very worthwhile challenge.

3) For the first time last week, I felt pregnant enough to park here:














2) The letters to B's name are now officially on the wall and can be viewed by anyone who steps foot in his room. (hint, hint to those who are still curious...). It makes him very real to see his name every day.

1) Since Saturday I've been driving my car around with a car seat in the back seat. And it's fantastic. And it's weird. But mostly fantastic. And the car seat installation took all of 20 minutes for both vehicles. We must have got the easy-install seat because it was a breeze! And that seat is in there so tight that he won't be wiggling anywhere.

36 week development notes:
Your baby is gaining about an ounce a day. She now weighs almost 6 pounds (like a crenshaw melon) and is more than 18 1/2 inches long. She's shedding most of the downy hair that covered her body, as well as the vernix caseosa, the waxy substance that protected her skin during her nine-month amniotic bath. Next week, your baby will be considered full-term. Most likely she's in a head-down position, but if she isn't, your practitioner may suggest scheduling an external cephalic version, where she'll try to turn your baby by manipulating her from the outside of your belly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving some love!