Monday, February 9, 2009

37 weeks, 2 days... 19 days to go (gulp)

Nothing seems to surprise me more than the speed at which this pregnancy has progressed. I know I'm a broken record about this, but I think I'm in denial that we're less than 3 weeks from the end, quite frankly. I just keep thinking we have time, months maybe, to go. And that's not the case. Fortunately. Because really I'm so excited to meet this kid I can't hardly stand it. I wake up every morning wondering if today will be THE day, even though I know that it's still about 89% likely NOT to be today.

Dr. C called me last Thursday to go over Wednesday's ultrasound results. She again confirmed that B has a big head, but didn't seem overly concerned about it. Which is good. She again said that we really won't know if he will fit for "normal" delivery, but that she should have some indication as he starts to drop over the next few weeks. If he's never dropping at all, that might indicate he won't fit. So she said it was our call if we wanted to schedule a c-section for later this month. I was really hesitant to do that at this point because I felt like we'd be giving up without ever trying, and Joey agreed. I did say if he was breech AND has an enormous head, that I'd want to do the section because there's just too much that would have to fall into place to make a regular delivery possible. On the flip side, I asked her if he nears his due date, how far she'd let me go and she said we could schedule an induction the week of February 23rd, or on March 2nd - but the 2nd seems as late as she's willing to let me go. Especially because the due date is so wishy-washy and the size of his head. Again I told her we'd like to play it by ear, I'm just hoping B will pick his own birthday so we don't have to!

So we'll have a baby within the next 3 weeks. Holeeeee bananas.

Some random things on my radar lately:


  • Mindy and Lee came to visit this weekend and brought Barrett so Aunt Alison could get her nephew-fix. Joey and I think we just might be able to handle this baby thing. We'll see. Barrett is sick though and has to have neb.ulizer treatments every 4 hours. (Oh, and Mindy asked what the dots in some of the words are for - that's so people don't google and find our blog while searching for that term). You wouldn't know how congested he is by the grins on his face, but his breathing sounds like he's a little old man. He's on the mend though. Except he seems to be getting a tooth or two now, also. At 11 weeks old. Gulp.

  • This weekend consisted of me making a few meals for the freezer for maternity leave. I made Baked Mac and Cheese as well as lasagna. If you have any good-to-freeze meal ideas, please send them my way. Joey is making fun of me for making these meals but he will be thanking me very very soon I have a feeling.

  • The hospital called on Friday with a last round of pre-admission questions. Nothing terribly exciting. We're ready to go!

  • We're going to get the car seat (and bases) inspected tomorrow night at a free car seat check. I hope we did it semi-correctly, I don't want to fail at our first attempt at parenting. :o)

  • Next appt is Thursday afternoon. Hoping for some magic, maybe we'll know a little more about when his birthday will be!

37 week development notes:
Congratulations! Your baby is full-term! This means that if your baby arrives now, his lungs should be fully mature and ready to adjust to life outside the womb, even though your due date is still three weeks away. He weighs 6 1/3 pounds and measures a bit over 19 inches, head to heel (like a stalk of Swiss chard). Many babies have a full head of hair at birth, with locks from 1/2 inch to 1 1/2 inches long.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving some love!