Thursday, February 19, 2009

niner

9 to go... here's a quick appointment update from this afternoon!

Progress is the word o' the day! We're making progress!

My weight gain is getting a tad skeeeery (to me, the dr says it's normal and fine), so moving on....
My blood pressure? Also "perfect" as per usual, but at 128/80 it makes me gulp.

My feet (and lower legs)? Not super swollen but now exhibit lovely shades of purple and red. They look weird and scary. Thankfully I have no beach plans anytime soon.

Things have been happening in the last 36 hours that make me raise my eyebrows... I had a few contractions last night that were accompanied by some cramping/twinges/mild pain. At first I was like, hmmm, that is interesting. Then it dawned on me that it might actually be maybe-these-are-real contractions. They were really random but continued off and on all night and into this morning. I've been having way more Braxton-Hicks contractions today than I have up to this point. And when the "painful" ones come, they're maybe a 0.5 on the pain scale, so nothing really serious at all. I even thought I was probably delusional and hallucinating they were happening.

Meanwhile, back at the appointment...

His heart rate was in the 150s as usual. He is really wedged in there awkwardly. It's like he's lying curved facing my left side (heads down) with one foot above his bum and the other one stretched out against my left side. Just weird.

[warning, warning, don't read the red part if you're squeamish or don't want to know the details...] And then the best news of the day?! I'm 2 cm dilated! She can feel his head but said he hasn't dropped a whole lot from last week. She thinks the contractions are obviously doing something though and reminded me that every bit I dilate before labor is less to do during labor. She said his head still has room to drop though, so she wasn't worried about him not fitting at this point. And that once his head does drop we're going to probably see some quicker action when he's actually doing some of the work himself.

So we continue to wait. I really think he'll be here by next week, don't have a clue why, just a hunch. The next appointment is next Wednesday. At that point she said we'd discuss the pros and cons of induction. She said at any point after 39 weeks it was totally up to us if we wanted to induce, but that the longest she'd let me go is 42 weeks. Which isn't really what she said the first time, but she's like "no one ever waits that long...". At this point I want to wait at least until our due date on the 28th, and then probably would want to schedule an induction the first part of that first week in March. We'll see though.

That's about all for now. Not bad for the first day in single digits!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving some love!