Thursday, March 18, 2010

normal day

I recently stumbled upon this blog, and if you've got a minute to read it, she is amazing. But start with this post. And grab a kleenex first.

Last month Kelle had a post with the following quote, and it moved me. You see I'm kind of someone who wishes my days away a teensy bit. I'm always looking forward to the weekends (aren't we all?) and sort of hoping to speed through the everydays to get there.

But since I read this little gem, I've really been trying to make a conscious effort to stop doing that. To cherish the everydays. Because the normal days are a gift, yet they're not guaranteed.

"Normal day, let me be aware of the treasure you are. Let me learn from
you, love you, bless you before you depart. Let me not pass you by in quest of
some rare and perfect tomorrow. Let me hold you while I may, for it may not
always be so. One day, I shall dig my nails into the earth, or bury my face in
the pillow, or stretch myself taut, or raise my hands to the sky and want, more
than all the world, your return."

I need to find a special place to hang this, so I see it every normal day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving some love!