Friday, April 16, 2010

boot camp

Back in February, Joey and I booked a glorious 7 night trip to Cozumel, Mexico (we got a fabulous deal on the trip, but I'm already dreading being away from Brecken for that long!). We really are very excited about it, but I was convinced I needed to get in a bit better shape for the upcoming beach lounging.

I decided to try out the boot camp that Joey's old trainer, (well he's not that old, Joey just worked with him years ago :o) ) Steve, runs. And it was fantastic. I mean the workout is rediculously intensive. It's worse than any volleyball two-a-days I ever endured in high school, but it's so motivating! After a week I convinced Joey to try it out, and we've both been going for 2 months now! We try to go 3-5 times a week.

Since Joey was diagnosed with diabetes last year, he's lost around 50 pounds! I'm so very proud of him! After B was born I got back to my pre-pregnancy shape quickly, but then I just settled there for almost a year. Now I'm so much stronger and have way more energy than I ever did before. I'm down about 5 lbs since starting boot camp, but I know I've gained a lot of muscle too. I'm pretty buff. (kidding)

Hopefully by the time we go to Mexico we'll both be in even greater shape! I can't wait!

1 comment:

Thanks for leaving some love!