Tuesday, January 11, 2011

the time before we knew who

Last weekend, Joey nonchalantly said "I can't believe we'll know next weekend if we're having a boy or a girl". Which is true. We'll hopefully find out Thursday morning if we're baking a he or a she.

From there on out, we'll always know if we're parents to two boys or parents to a boy and a girl. And that's sitting so heavily on me for some reason.

Everyone has asked if I feel like it's a boy or a girl, and I honestly have no clue. And I don't care an ounce if it's a boy or a girl. I have reasons for wanting both, but we don't always get what we want.

I think maybe the gravity of holycrapwhatarewedoing is finally starting to set in. Brecken is in Epic Two Year Old Mode lately. I think Joey and I each utter the phrase "time out" 50 times a day. He pushes your buttons like it's his job. And then gives you a big squeeze and says "sawwy" and wipes it all away.

But an infant on top of this? What are we doing? (Rhetorical question. I know it will be fine.)

Anyway. Our 2 years, 3 months and some odd days (since we found out B was a he) of knowing we're just parents to a boy is about to end. And I'm ready for it. I think.

2 comments:

  1. You CAN do it!!! But there will be moments and days when you wonder how?! :)

    Can't wait to find out if B will have a lil' bro or sis!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love!