Sunday, May 8, 2011

quick update

We had a appointment Friday to check on Baby J and all was well. I was 36 weeks yesterday (Saturday) so we're in the last days as a family of three! My blood pressure was normal, I actually lost a pound since my previous appointment 10 days prior, and my belly was measuring right on.

We talked about labor and when to go to L&D (when contractions are 5-7 minutes apart, unless I want to go in sooner, it's up to me and my pain threshold). (Did I mention I love my OB? She's fantastic.) We asked her if we needed to be concerned about baby J having a huge head since B did - she said we could do an ultrasound next week if we want to. I said I didn't feel like he was that huge, he "seems" to be about the same as B to me. She said that a mom's (in a subsequent pregnancy) perception of the size of the baby is almost always as accurate as ultrasound - weird, huh? We'll see if she wants an u/s next week, but I don't feel like he's 10 pounds.

Anyway, we're still here, still baby baking. :) I think we have almost everything crossed off our "pre-baby" to do list. We just need to get the bassinet/pack n' play set up in our room. We got the crib mattress raised back up to newborn height today, so I'll try to take a picture of the boys' room this week, it's surreal to see TWO beds in there!

B is (we think) excited to meet his little brother. We are too! Next appointment is Thursday, I'll be back with an update then!

6 comments:

  1. Yay! We drove by yesterday, but you were gone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am excited for you guys!! Been thinking about you lots. You are on the home stretch! Yippee! Happy Mother's Day!!

    My advice, have some good "family of 4" bonding time right away in the hospital once you are ready for B to meet J. It's precious moments you won't forget and a great way for B to transition. Maybe have B bring the baby a special little soft toy just from him as a gift. It made Zach feel really special and he still remembers that he gave a musical butterfly to Cameron!

    Can't wait to hear the news!! Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Getting close!!! It is interesting to me that you go in at contractions 5-7 minutes apart- I had to wait until 2-3!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot believe you're in the home stretch. For one, I'm exceedingly jealous and for another, HOLY CRAP. BAYBEEE!!!!!!!

    I am so excited for you.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love!