Monday, May 30, 2011

room redo

Since the boys are sharing a room, we didn't have a big nursery project to do this time around. That just meant I got to shift my nesting focus to a few other house projects I'd been putting off. One of those was our bedroom. I finally (you know, T-1 week until J is due) got everything almost the way I want it (just a few more things to hang on the wall) so I wanted to show off the final product. I'm in LOVE with how it turned out.

Before:


I wanted our room to be black, white, sunny yellow, and gray. I started with the walls...

When we moved in, my fabulous mom helped me paint it... I was really wanting a chilly blue and earthy brown bedroom, but my paint color picking didn't quite go as I'd planned. I think four years was plenty of time to determine that no, sadly, it wasn't ever going to grow on me. Our first mission was to paint the walls Valspar's Stone Mason Gray. I wanted a warm gray, but not brown-gray, and somehow I managed to hit the nail on the head.

After:

From the doorway


The comforter/shams are from Target... on clearance (I got the set for TWENTY DOLLARS).

I also showed you how to make the bed skirt (and I can say after 4 months, it's holding up beautifully!).

The flowers are vinyl wall thingies from lot26.com.

The shelves on the left wall (from Michael's, I think) need some frames and family pics. Family pics coming after Baby J comes. :)

The dresser normally doesn't live there, but we had to move it to put the Pack 'n Play in our room. I have high hopes that J will in his crib in no time, but we'll see. :)

These are metal wall thingies from Hobby Lobby... Joey even picked these out.

Artwork is my own. :) (With a lot of help from Adobe Illus.trator)

The other wall... I want to find one more yellow picture/print of some sort that'll hang above where the Pack 'n Play is now.

I love how it all turned out, and I think it's finally ready to welcome a peanut home to!

5 comments:

  1. Oh goodness, I love how it's all come together!!!!!! Looks great. Now you just need your little peanut to come out to play.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is quite lovely and so chic. That color combination is VERY cool. What good work you did! And for such a great price. I love the wall decals.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty!! I WIIIIISH you lived closer to me! I would trade decorating skills for babysitting! LOL! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great! I love that shade of gray!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i LOVE it!
    and you have inspired me to do our room soon! I am thinking gray and lime-ish green...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love!