Thursday, January 26, 2012

bubba-isms

B's at a funny age where he speaks clearly enough that we know what he means, but his words come out still accented by toddlerhood. A few of his words and conversations that I hope to never forget:

"wibbing room" (living room)

---

"pack pack" (his beloved backpack)

---

"oh my gunness!" (goodness, said at the most mundane things)

---

me: "B, where did you get that sweatshirt?"
B: "oh I just grabbed it from my hooker"
me: "your WHAT?"
B: "my hooker, in my cwoset"
(he meant hanger)

---

"woody 'da buzz" (his Buzz Lightyear doll - we don't even own Woody)

---

"ubben" (oven)

---

"dad! I went to the dennis with my mom!" (dentist)

---

B: "look! I have a free-wheeler!"
me: "hey that's a FOUR wheeler, not a three wheeler."
B: "yeah, a free-wheeler!"

---

his ABC's go something like:
"A B C D E F G AYE-CH CHI J HEY LEMONO P Q R S T OOO B DOUBLE-OOO EX-CH Y Z"

---

[scene: watching Sportscenter]
B: "hey! it's puck!"
me: "you mean hockey?"
B: "no. puck!"

6 comments:

  1. I just simply love that I can catch up with you guys right here :) lub u.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing! I LOVE these 'little' things!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwww, I'm glad you did this. I'm such a sucker for a speech impediment. Little kid words are so awesome. One of the little boys George and I are close to says "bross" instead of "gross", "prash" instead of "trash", and "preat" instead of "treat". Makes me love him more. :-) I'm not kidding.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it. Cameron said the other morning after running to the window. "It snow. I did not know it snow. I need to get my shobble (shovel) and dig. I can not be-weive (believe) it. It wee wee (really) snow." Priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heheh ...love this. A2's speech changes daily ...but right now my very favorite toddlerspeak is "wifgether". As in, "Let's watch a show wifgether." "Do you want to play this wifgether?". The kid can totally say together ...but always forgets and defers to wifgether. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. G has a pack pack too - i love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love!