Tuesday, February 28, 2012

an interview with my 3yo (!)

I'm trying to wrap my mind around the fact that I'll have a three year old on Sunday. Brecken is VERY aware that his birthday, specifically his birthday party is on the horizon. Every morning he wakes up and asks "is it my birfday pardee to-day?!". Not today, try again tomorrow kiddo.

A few weeks ago I saw something pinned on Pinterest that I knew we had to do: 20 questions you ask your child on every birthday from age 3 on...




So last night, I asked our budding preschooler these questions... he was So Very Predictable, but adorable still. I'll print his answers in his yearly book Picaboo book that I make (which I do to avoid printing thousands of photos).

1) What is your favorite color?
Red
2) What is your favorite toy?
Choo-Choo
3) What is your favorite fruit?
Pineapple (I have no idea when he's ever had pineapple, but he said it so quickly, he must be telling the truth)
4) What is your favorite TV show?
Lightning McQueen
5) What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch?
Pizza
6) What is your favorite outfit?
Nebraska t-shirt and basketball pants (and woe are the other 6 days a week when he can't wear them.)
7) What is your favorite game?
Animal game (on the computer) (???)
8) What is your favorite snacks?
Fruit snacks (do any 3yo's NOT say fruit snacks?)
9) What is your favorite animal?
tiger
10) What is your favorite song?
ABCs
11) What is your favorite book?
John Deere book
12) Who is your best friend?
Mommy (::swoon:: and I swear it wasn't staged, I even asked repeatedly to be sure)
13) What is your favorite cereal?
Cinnamon cereal (Cinnamon Toast Crunch)
14) What is your favorite thing to do outside?
play football and basketball
15) What is your favorite drink?
chocolate milk
16) What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas
17) What do you like to take to bed with you at night?
my baby (his puppy blanket)
18) What is yoru favorite thing to eat for breakfast?
pancakes
19) What do you want for dinner on your birthday?
chicken nuggets and macaroni and cheese (shocker)
20) What do you want to be when you grow up?
basketball player

5 comments:

  1. Oh I love this! And what a great idea to keep doing it every year. You should make a good of his answers.

    PS - I can't believe he's almost THREE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this kid so much. And this awesome idea! Such a sweetheart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is too cute!!!!!!!!!!!!! 3 is an awesome age... Lyla will be 4 soon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this, I can't wait to do it with miss G!

    And I think he will be a basketball player, for sure

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love this and am stealing it. In fact, after reading this today, I simply asked her what she wanted to be when she grew up and got an IMMEDIATE "A real princess."

    Awwwwwww.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love!