Friday, March 23, 2012

five minute friday: loud



I remember the peace the night before Brecken was born. We had to be at the hospital for the induction at 7:30 pm; 6:00 pm found me sitting on my couch in silence. No tv, no dog pacing the floor or barking outside, no phones, no internet, just sweet peace. J was tidying up the house (working out nervous pre-dad energy I'm sure), and I was sitting there, with my eyes closed, sucking in as much silence as I could.

I said to J, "this is the quietest our house is going to be for a long time".

Three years later, the sound of toy cars running across our wood floors is the music of our days. Chuggington or Diego make up the constant background drone. B's tantrums and giggles; j's belly laughter and cries. It's the soundtrack to our lives right now. And it's loud.

And I can't imagine it any other way.

---

I'm linking up with 5 minute Friday today. You write for 5 minutes flat. No over thinking, no editing, just write. Link up here: http://thegypsymama.com/2012/03/five-minute-friday-loud/

7 comments:

  1. Blessed chaos : ) Stopping by from thegypsymama, remembering the quiet days with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great sounds though. Even the crying is welcome (mostly) because it means that there is a baby int he house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soundtrack of your life. Love that!
    Blessings on your not-so-quiet or peaceful household!
    Felecia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this post! We are accustomed to a loud house, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this post! Your boys (well, mine too) are getting so big!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Crazy isn't it?! Even now, when I'm home alone, which rarely happens, I miss it. I miss all the little sounds. I'm already dreading when everyone has moved out...how does one deal with THAT?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE this!

    crazy how we miss the silence but would miss the chaos so much more.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love!