Monday, April 23, 2012

bullets

I've been wanting to write a post, so badly - I miss it when I don't stop by weekly. Life has been crazy busy this month, so the blog was the first thing to go. I'm stopping by with a bulleted list for now though - more coming soon.
  • Jude started walking over the course of the past week. This weekend was official though - 4-5 steps at a time. This is so earrrrly, he's only 10.5 months old. He's a little giant though, so my arms are thankful he can carry his own weight a bit now. I've really noticed him getting longer and leaner lately, his thighs are down to one sad roll. He looks like an 18 month old, but he's still my baby.
  • He'll be 1 in 5 1/2 weeks. I'm not ready to talk about this yet.
  • But I made a really cute invite for his party! I'll share it soon.
  • We're having a bug party for him, because he's our Juderbug.
  • Brecken is awesome. He's hilarious, 80% of the time. But then there's 10% of the time he's very THREE. Tears over food being "broken" or his brother playing with one of B's toys.
  • This past weekend, B told me he was going to run with me. He was very matter-of-fact about it, and has been asking to run with us for a while now. So I took him on a little loop around the neighborhood (total: .4 miles). He ran the first 1/4 mile without stopping, his little legs scissoring back and forth and arms flailing. I was so proud of him. Apparently his whole goal was to get sweaty because halfway home he asked "momma are we sweaty yet?". I said "no bubba, we're walking, we have to run to get sweaty". So he took off and started running some more. 
  • Speaking of running, we're still doing it! The half marathon is less than two weeks away. I feel completely prepared, mentally and physically. And I don't know if I will feel the same on race day, but I think we'll be ready. I've been battling a sore left knee (the one I tore my meniscus and MCL in during high school) as well as plantar fasciitis on the bottom of my right foot. I'm hoping my injuries don't keep me sidelined, I think I'll get by on a wing and prayer though.
  • We still aren't eating sugar (regularly). We cheat occasionally, but it's always very intentional and thought out. It's not me grabbing a pop in the afternoon because "I deserve it"; or Joey getting a candy bar because he's "earned it". When I had a piece of wedding cake this weekend, I thought "I'm going to eat this cake, and savor it. It's a treat. I haven't had anything sweet all week, and it'll be a long time until I have another bit of sweetness." And the cake wasn't that awesome, but I'm just glad that I feel like I'm in control of the sugar now.
  • My baby sister is having her second baby in the next month and I'm SO EXCITED for the impending birth of another nephew! When she had her first son, I was 6 months pregnant and miserable. I was so into planning MY kid's room, that I didn't get to fully spoil her or my nephew from day 1. So this time, I'm going all out. She said she wanted a Moses basket for the babe, so I found one used, and am making cutie bedding for it. (This isn't a surprise, I've been giving her the play-by-play.) Anyway. I had to order a new thin mattress pad for it, knowing that it would be a bit big. It ended up fitting awfully, so yesterday I took the mattress apart, shortened it by 5" and sewed it back together. And you can't even tell! :) Then I made a sheet for the pad. A fitted sheet with elastic, y'all. There is more to come, but I haven't wrapped my mind around exactly how I'm going to construct the side parts yet. Anyway, (crappy cell phone) photos:
  • My little design shop, Ten Tiny Toes, is keeping me crazy busy lately, WHICH IS AWESOME. Seriously. If you're a past customer, thank you from the bottom of my creative heart. If you're a future customer, I can't wait to work with you. This little shop was such a dream, a total "what if". I can't even believe what it's grown to. Come hang out with us over on Facebook: www.facebook.com/tentinytoes, and you can always grab a cuppa and stop by the Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/tentinytoesdesigns.

10 comments:

  1. "Sometimes he is very THREE" Heh. Henry too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Got a good chuckle that Juderbug is down to one sad roll on his little legs and Brecken's bigger little legs scissoring back and forth running! :) Love you guys & girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot believe that Juderbug is already walking! Little showoff ;)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, just thought I'd let you know I found you through cross country squared. Thought I'd say hi!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My son crawled and walked really early so I always say I was cheated out of some precious baby time! They grow up so quick.

    A bug party sounds fun.

    My husband had plantar fasciitis. He said it was very painful, but stretching it a lot helped.

    You did an amazing job at the Moses basket. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My son crawled and walked really early so I always say I was cheated out of some precious baby time! They grow up so quick.

    A bug party sounds fun.

    My husband had plantar fasciitis. He said it was very painful, but stretching it a lot helped.

    You did an amazing job at the Moses basket. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like those chews. They're like gummi candy. I found them at dicks and scheels. I don't hate carrying the water bottle. I just bit the bullet and carried it on one long run. But my running buddy Tiffany who moved away told me she doesn't carry that big of a water bottle. She found one that literally fits in the palm of her hand. I'm excited to see if i can skip a water station or two in Lincoln. Are you doing the 1/2 then? Is it your first time running Lincoln? I've done it twice before excited to do it again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good for you being without sugar! I'm way too much of an addict.

    The moses basket looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love the idea of one sad roll!

    also, you guys and your running and sugar free - you are AWESOME! seriously, so impressed!

    three year olds are so awesome with their logic, or, lack of!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I cannot believe Jude was walking at 10.5 months. INSANE

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love!