Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Sweet Ainsley

Several years ago, when we were trying to grow our family, I met some amazing friends on the Internets who were playing that waiting game too. One of those friends is Jen. The other day, someone asked how long I'd known her, and I realized I don't remember ever not knowing her - we've been friends as long as I've been in that online community.

Jen is hilarious, you can't read a post of hers without wanting to drive to Ohio and have a drink with her. More than that though, she's an amazing mom to three beautiful girls, two in heaven, one on Earth; and another sweetpea is due to join their family in just a few weeks.

Jen's oldest daughter Olivia is just 2 weeks older than Brecken. It was fun to compare pregnancy notes, then later commiserate when they wouldn't sleep (ZOMG WHY WON'T THEY SLEEP), and then over the toddler tantrums, and, more recently, laugh over the preschooler shenanigans.

Almost 17 months ago, Jen had twins, Evelyn and Ainsley, two months early. Evelyn was born at rest. Ainsley was tiny but a fighter, and fought for so long that her sweet little body finally gave out last Saturday and she joined her sister in heaven.

Ainsley had the MOST nomable, chunky cheeks, and the hugest grin. Seriously, Jen would post a photo to facebook of Ainsley's latest smile and I would smile the rest of the day. She was pure joy in a pint-sized person. I miss her.

Today, from 5-8pm, they're having a memorial service for Ainsley and Evelyn. I'm remembering them with Internet silence and instead I'm going to love on my babies. We're going to blow bubbles for Ainsley and Evelyn to show them our love. We're going to giggle and cherish today, because tomorrow isn't promised.

If you want to read more about Jen and her cute family, here is her blog: www.jennepper.com.

You're welcome to join us tonight. If you want to do something more tangible to remember Ainsley, you can email knepperfamilydonations at gmail - it sounds like there's lots of options in the works.

Rest well, sweet girls.

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful post, thank you for sharing this. Enjoy every minute of your precious kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot even begin to imagine how they are getting/have gotten through all of this. I don't even know what to say. I am so sorry. So so sorry. I'm heartbroken for them. Thank you for telling her story, Alison.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started reading her blog when they were TTC Olivia and have been following along ever since. I can not fathom what she and her family have gone through. My heart hurts for them. I think your plan for tonight is wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My friend Anne Nunn and her husbands twin boys went to be with with Jesus May 15-I think 9 yrs ago now -they were 8wks early and had no kidney function .We remembered them yesterday with 2cupcakes and Anne and Paul shares stories of what their 3other children have asked about them -Gracelyn asked on the way to school "mommy do Caleb and Joshua know it's their birthday"precious kids.My hearts for your friends too.What a cool way to remember them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful post. I don't know jenn but have read her blog for a couple years. My heart hurts for them. Henry will be with grandparents tonight so last night after dinner, instead of turning on the tv, we played outside until dark. Water guns, slide, kick ball, looking for birds. It was a perfect night as I just enjoyed the time with my sweet boy and husband. It will happen more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i find myself saying it all too often, "But by the grace of God, go I..." (is that even the right way to say it?). what a sweet friend you are, and what a wonderful family. sending lovely thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My heart hurts for them, I adore her blog, she is hilarious and just awesome! This is really nice what you wrote.

    ReplyDelete
  8. <3 thanks for sharing that, A

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love!